Website Stressline Limited
Fulltime: 8am- 5pm (40hours p/w)
The Trainee Technical Engineer will be trained to manage all aspects involved in the preparation of lintel schedules and quotations taking into account loadings, spans and building use in order that the quotations are based on the best economic use of the lintel product range.
The Trainee Technical Engineer’s role will involve full support and training so you can become a qualified Technical Engineer and fulfill the following job tasks:
- Identify customer requirements;
- Prepare, check and submit quotations from customer drawings, specifications, and other documents;
- Manage the commercial and contractual vetting and entry of orders received as a result of the quotation;
- Maintain IT systems;
- Manage queries or customer complaints relating to price and level of service given at quotation stage;
- Attend customer site visits to resolve issues where required.
Skills/ Experience required for the Trainee Technical Engineer:
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Structural Engineering and/or a construction desired;
- A Levels in Maths & Physics Grade C or above (minimum GCSE grade C and above in Maths & Physics);
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of MS Office and the ability to pick up new software easily;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and driven with a positive attitude, a desire to do well, ambitious;
- Technically minded and good with figures.