An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Estimator to join our well established manufacturing company based in Stoney Stanton, Leicestershire. In return, we offer a competitive salary, 28 days holiday which rises to 31 in the second year of employment and excellent career opportunities.
We are a leading manufacturer of structural building products and have 50 years of knowledge and experience.
The Trainee Estimator will be responsible for all aspects involved in the preparation of quotations taking into account loadings, spans and building use in order that the quotations are based on the best economic use of the product range.
The Trainee Estimator’s role will involve:
- Taking an active role in the selling of our products and using commercial judgment to maximise sales and profits
- Reporting queries/problems and customer complaints appertaining to price and level of service given at quotation stage
- Maintain good communications with Detailers, Production, Transport and Accounts Department
- Prepare, check and submit quotations from customers drawings, specifications and other documents
- Under the guidance of the senior personnel, to take part on the commercial/contractual vetting of orders, recording orders in a register and allocating works order numbers
- Preparing job files and summary sheets to accompany the file, stating all relevant details and any special requirements
- Pass all job files to the Operations Department whose detailers are responsible for the layouts and manufacturing information to the Production Department
- Ensuring all pricing information is clearly presented to the Detailer for invoicing purposes
- Maintaining a system of quotation retrieval and filing
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Estimator to learn new skills and further their career within the industry.
Experience is not essential for this position, however, the successful Trainee Estimator will have:
- Gained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and Physics or equivalent
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and in-house bespoke packages
- Ability to manage customer expectations and difficult situations
- Excellent communication skills
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8am-5pm with an hour for lunch.
The starting salary is negotiable dependant on previous experience, with six monthly performance and training reviews scheduled for the first two years.
This role would suit an individual who is well educated and technically minded and looking to gain experience through training and development.
Please apply online today to be considered for the Trainee Estimator role.
Job Start Date: ASAP
Application Closes: Pending Submission
Sector: Manufacturing and Engineering
Job Reference: EST310317
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm